CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A few great days


Anna and Ryan aren't my first neice or nephew. I became an aunt in the 7th grade and LOVED when Colton and Linse were born. Maybe it's because I'm older now and can appreciate it more, or maybe it is because I was there for Anna and Ryan's births (outside the door, of course!), or maybe because I'm so close to my sister, or because I'm the godparent for both of them, but these two definately have a special place in my heart.

I got so much love from them over the past two days. Especially my little Anna. I was a pretty common sight for her when she was in her first couple of years, so her and I have an extra special relationship. Ryan was a little tougher because he didn't see me as much as Anna did as a baby. Anna says the cutest things like "I wish you could stay here longer. You don't yell at me" and "Sarah, you're just like my mama is." My biggest fear, haha, so I asked her why, and she said, "cuz you're always nice to me and Ryan and you take care of us just like my momma does." Then, Brenda called me on the way home and shared Anna's latest tidbit..."I wish Sarah could have stayed with us longer cuz then I have somebody to play with". My little love! :)

Ryan, though a momma's boy, warmed up to me just fine when he realized I was the only option available. He is such an amazing little snuggler. He loves to be held and cuddled with. I got more hugs and kisses over the past few days than I've had in a long time. Ryan doesn't talk much at 2 years old, but he loves the movie CARS and 2 of his words are "ning keen" (in a very high pitched, excited voice) AKA "Lightning McQueen". If he doesn't have his three little CARS cars with him, then look out! He also says "monter" ("monster") because he has heard himself referred to as one so many times...a little monster. It's unbelivable to me how cute he is. I just look at him and don't know if it all physical, or the physical cuteness and the cuddly-needy cuteness that make me just melt (those eyes and big cheeks!!!).

It's cute that Anna and Ryan do get along pretty well for being a brother and sister. They look out for each other and Anna is the little mama. Of course they fight too, but you can easily see what a bond they have with one another.

Other than babysitting, watching Disney movies, playing outside, watching more Disney movies, and taking LOTS and LOTS of pictures, Brenda and I also did lots of crafting (which, of course, I took pictures of). The original thought was to sell them in our sister-in-law's store, but we're not sure. We might keep them. Might not. Here's a few.


Overall, a fabulous few days. I LOVE being an aunt. I'm glad to be home though, and when my sister asked me today (sarcastically) if I was looking forward to going back to work, I was able to say YES. I'm feeling pretty lucky all around, though I do miss my husband and wish he wasn't working nights. :( I think it's true that absence makes the heart grow fonder, because I sure do miss that boy!




0 comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones