CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Carefree

Once in a while it strikes me how carefree my life is. Basically, I can come and go as I want to, do as much as I would like, or as little as I want. Now that Ryan works crazy middle of the night hours, I have no reason to hurry home from work. I can start late if I want or I can stay late at night. Usually I don't need to set my alarm in the morning. On the weekend I can sit around watching movies on Lifetime all day long if I feel like it, or I can decide to go shopping, or take the dog for a walk. If I want to do something or go somewhere, I go. I really have no one to worry about but myself (Ryan's a big boy...he can pretty much take care of himself). As much as I enjoy being able to come and go and do as I please, I wouldn't mind a change. I think of Christy and Connor. Like the flip of a switch, her entire life now revolves around him and I can't help but wish that I had something like that. It makes me see that there is nothing as difficult or as rewarding as being a mom. I like the quote that "When a baby is born, so is a mother." I know that I'll experience that someday. For now, I will continue to live my life as carefree as I can. I know that someday I'll be a mom and will look back and WISH I could return to these days.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones