CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Treasure Hunting

Laid-back weekends to do whatever I want are my absolute favorite. PLUS, today is just gorgeous, so it makes it even better.

Ryan's helping a friend's uncle move, so I decided to go to Hudson to see if there were any garage sales and work my way over to Stillwater. I'm beginning to think that Hudson has the BEST garage sales--I always find treasures. :) The one garage sale I went to was way out in the middle of the boonies but I kept following the signs and finally found it. I found this great milk can for only $5. I'm thinking of putting a round glass top on it to make it a small table. I also bought these 3 bottles at that sale for a quarter. They make cute vases for my daisies!


























I went to my favorite shops in Stillwater, but only bought one thing. They have so much awesome stuff there. Kind of expensive, and it stinks knowing that all that stuff would be so easy to make! I like the quote on the thing I got, and I think I'm finally satisfied with how my "ledge" looks. That was the finishing touch.
Here's both sides of the ledge (the white hangey thing is the new thing):






























...and here's the quote:

To laugh often, to win the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded! -Emerson


I might get around to finishing the painting of our kitchen, but who knows. Enjoy the beautiful weekend!


0 comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones