CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 1, 2008

Toby Keith

I know that what I'm about to write sounds a little far-fetched. It is a true story though--no lie.

Ryan and I were in Stoddard, WI (pop. 800) this weekend for a Labor Day tournament. Last night we went with a couple of friend and their family to a little hole in the wall bar, The Thirsty Turtle. We were all going to have a burger and a drink and then head back to the park. As we were sitting there, someone said something along the lines of "That guy looks like Toby Keith." I didn't look up at that point because I knew there was no way in the world that the REAL Toby Keith would be in Stoddard, Wisconsin. A few people gawked and then our friend Brad went over and asked him if it was really him. It was. No lie. We gawked a little more (I was completely and utterly starstruck). Brad chatted with him for a bit and then asked him to come into the room off the bar that we were in with Brad's family so Toby could have a little more privacy. He came. He walked into the room and shook hands with every single one of us then stood next to the pool table with his wife and buddies and waited for their burgers. Of course our small little town got the gossip meal running and people started flocking into the bar for autographs and pictures, but for the most part they were able to sit and have their meal. By SIT I mean SIT at the table that we had been sitting at which we then sat about 5 feet from him the whole 30 minutes or so that he was there. Then, they rode off on their motorcycles. Unbelievable I know, but it is a true story. Ryan has a really poor quality picture on his cell phone and a couple others got pics too. I, on the other hand, got his empty beer can from his table after he left....haha! ;) That is big news for my little hometown...that is for sure!

0 comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones